How to Configure FTP Server on RHEL 6
In this example we will configure a vsftpd server and will transfer files from client side.For this example we are using three systems one linux server one linux clients and one windows xp clients. To complete these per quest of ftp server Follow this link
- A linux server with ip address 192.168.0.254 and hostname Server
- A linux client with ip address 192.168.0.1 and hostname Client1
- A window client with ip address 192.168.0.2 and hostname Client2
- Updated /etc/hosts file on both linux system
- Running portmap and xinetd services
- Firewall should be off on server
We have configured all these steps in our pervious article.
We suggest you to review that article before start configuration of ssh server. Once you have completed the necessary steps follow this guide.
Now check vsftpd, portmap, xinetd service in system service it should be on
Select System service from list
Now restart xinetd and portmap and vsftpd service